According to statistics, about half of people say they have sensitive skin. This is mostly because of the products people use. There are so many substances in mainstream cosmetics these days that can cause allergic reactions (see also here) that you can react to your perfume, shampoo, conditioner or even the cleaning products you use.
Sensitivity can be reddening of the skin after products are applied. The skin tends to blush easily, reacts strongly to stress and gets spots and scars easily.
- Avoid abrasive exfoliants.
- Do not use drying masks.
- Don’t go under a hot shower or in a hot bath for a long time and lubricate immediately after washing.
- Avoid too much sun.
- Reduce exposure to free radicals.
- Take an omega 3 supplement with at least 400 mg of long-chain omega 3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA).
- Swallow a good quality probiotic supplement and apply live probiotics to your skin to improve the skin barrier.
- The ph value of ALL products should be between 4.5 and 5.5.
- Avoid too much coffee and alcohol.
- Avoid environments with excessively dry air (indoors).
RECOMMENDED SALON TREATMENT
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS FOR THE HOME
Do you have extremely sensitive skin? If so, please email me for a customized consultation without obligation.
You can purchase a Sensitive starter pack here.
Once the sensitivity of the skin is reduced, other Esse Skincare products can be switched if necessary
Are you already following Skin District on Instagram? Here we give tips & tricks every day!